Friday, March 7, 2014

Day 6 by Grayson

Carson and I woke up at around 5:30 in the morning. We have been going to bed early every night, as we have been working very hard. Last night, however, was a really exciting night. Last night was the preliminary soccer match for the World Cup between Costa Rica and Paraguay. Our host family was really excited. It was a real nail biter, but Costa Rica won! 

We continued to work on the school, of course. Afterwords, we went to Tia and Aleas host house for lunch. Today was the birthday of both Bianca, the host mother of Tia and Alea, and our teachers wife, Lucy. We celebrated with cake and warm bread pudding, which I had never had before. 

After that, we walked back to the school and helped the kiddos with an art project. We took plastic bottles and painted piggy banks, so the kids not only have a cool decoration, but a lucrative way to save their colones. My host sister, Morilla, made one as well. 

After that, we hiked over to the Eco lodge and swam in the river. And finally, we went back to our host families. It's much easier to navigate the language barrier than one might imagine. When my family talks to me , I understand most of the time. Mi familia dice me espanol es Muy bien! Before I say goodbye, I want to say hello to my mom and my sister. I'm sure you guys miss me, but I miss you even more. I am having a really fun time, so don't worry about me. My family makes me feel at home. I can't wait to give you the gifts I got you. Adios!




0 comments:

Post a Comment