Friday, March 7, 2014

Day 6 by Waverlee

     Yesterday we began day six of our service project. I worked on the playground, painting the play scales with primer and penciling in designs. It was really fun working while the little kids ran around us, sometimes engaging us in conversations. I regret the fact that I can't speak any Spanish, but never the less, I was able to communicate using gestures and a handful of words. 
     Later, we helped the kids to make crafts. The little girl I worked with was really adorable and on responsible. She knew what was up. I helped her make a pig and it ended up looking... Not that terrible. After, we played soccer and tag with them. Bad news about our soccer game though... We lost. Still, the girl who played as our goalie was amazingly good.
     One of the great perks about being here is the great places to swim. We swam outside of the Eco Retreat in an area of the river that was so beautiful. In the mornings, the smell of the river and the rich earth is very refreshing.
     Staying with the host families isn't that bad either. Mia is having fun talking to them in Spanish and asking questions. Every day, I also learn more Spanish.
     To my family, I'm bringing you back some interesting things. I'll try to look for more, but there aren't a lot of places to shop, so don't be sad if the gifts seem small, because they're rich in flavor! To my mother, thanks for the pants. They're very cool (temperature) and I've already gotten several compliments on them. To my brothers, if I come back and find out you've been sleeping in my bed (Meku)... I will not be happy. Please bring a coat and gloves to the airport... And my phone! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment